Mail theft is on the rise! Neighborhood mailboxes in several communities have been prey to thieves looking for an easy way to access your information.
Police Department Volunteers will be out over the next couple of days placing fliers on neighborhood mailboxes to educate residents on how to prevent being a victim of mail theft.
Please share this information with your family and neighbors, so that we can deter thieves from taking your mail.
Taking the following steps can stop mail theft, before it happens:
- Obtain a PO Box for important mail and documents to be delivered to.
- Take outgoing mail directly to the post office, or hand it to a letter carrier.
- DON’T leave mail in your mailbox overnight.
- Tell your post office when you’ll be out of town, so they can hold your mail until you return.
- If you don’t have a neighborhood watch program in your neighborhood, consider starting one. Contact COPPS@beaumontpd.org for more information.
- Report suspicious activity to the Beaumont Police Department.
Watch our Video