Beaumont Police Department Social Media Policy
Welcome to the Beaumont Police Department's Official Social Media sites. The purpose of these sites is to enable the Beaumont Police Department to post matters of public interest concerning the department's programs, activities, news, stories, photos, etc; and to enable members of the public to comment on those posts. The Beaumont Police Department's intent is to create a limited forum devoted exclusively to its postings, and comments from members of the public relevant to the subject matter of the post they are responding to.
We welcome debate and discussion, and seek to maintain an environment that is civil and appropriate for all ages. The Department reserves the right to remove comments for:
- Profane language and/or content.
- Content that is topically unrelated to the postings of Beaumont Police Department.
- Content that promotes or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, physical or mental disability.
- Sexual or obscene content or links to sexual or obscene content.
- Contain content that violates a legal ownership interest of any party, such as trademarked or copyrighted material.
- Communicates private personal information (whether the commenter’s or someone else’s), including home address, home or cell phone number, personal email address, or personal identification numbers.
- Promote or advertise a business, or propose a commercial transaction.
- Duplicate posts by the same commenter.
- Contain links to external websites.
- Defamation, abuse, harassment, stalking, personal attacks, threatening or violating the rights of others
Comments that are posted to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. that violate this policy may be subject to removal from the social media page without warning.
The Beaumont Police Department is not responsible for, and neither endorses nor opposes, the opinions or comments placed on this site by visitors. Any comments submitted to these pages are public records and subject to disclosure, as are their lists of followers.
BPD Social Media Pages are not monitored 24/7. Specific questions about crime concerns or reporting of crime issues should not be done on these social media forums and will not be followed up on.
If you have an emergency call 9-1-1. If you have a non-emergency to report call (951) 769-8500. For other questions, concerns or to file official complaints, reports, etc. please visit our website at www.beaumontpd.org.