Beaumont provides an array of trash, recycling and special waste handling services to residents and businesses through a contract with Waste Management. For more information about these programs, please contact Waste Management at 800-423-9986.
To assure collection please follow these below guidelines:
- Place your container curbside by 6:00am on the day of collection
- Place in street, within one (1) foot of the curb
- Two (2) feet from each other
- Ten (10) feet from parked cars, boats, trailers, or similar obstacles
Bulky Item Pickup
Residents are entitled to two free bulky item pickups during the year. Please contact Waste Management at least twenty-four hours in advance of your regularly scheduled collection at 800-423-9986. There is a size/amount limit.
Waste collection does not occur on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When a holiday falls on a weekday, collection will be delayed by one day (through Saturday) for the remainder of the week. If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there will be no delay in service.
An additional container for recycling and yard waste ONLY are offered at no additional charge to your monthly collection. There is a minimal charge for an additional trash container. Please contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 directly to schedule the delivery of any additional carts. Damaged containers will be replaced free of charge.
Used Oil Collection
Residents interested in disposing of used motor oil can arrange a curbside pickup at no cost by contacting Waste Management at 800-423-9986 at least twenty-four hours in advance of a regularly scheduled pickup. Please ensure motor oil is sealed in a container that cannot spill into the storm water drain.
Organics Waste Recycling
Starting January 1, 2022 residents will be required to recycle food scraps and yard debris into an organics cart. Just use your existing green waste bin to start collecting food waste! For more information visit Waste Management's Website.
What goes into each bin?
- Cardboard (broken down, flattened)
- Detergent bottles/boxes
- Cardboard egg cartons
- Food boxes
- Bulk mail
- Paper bags
- Phone books
- Office paper
- Empty cleaning bottles
- Milk/Water jugs
- Soda bottles
- Plastic bottles @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Grass and leaves (loose - not bagged
- Lawn clippings
- Pruning & weeding
- Small cuttings from bushed and shrubs
- Twigs and small branches
- Wood chips
- Food Waste & Food Soiled Paper
- Meat, Fish & Poultry
- Bread, Pasta, Rice Grains & Coffee Grounds @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Animal waste
- Disposable diapers
- Drinking glasses
- Glass or ceramic plates
- Palm fronds & cactus trimmings
- Plastic baggies
- Plastic wrap
- Foam egg cartons
- Waxed paper
- Window glass & mirrors
- Plastic grocery bags - check with your local grocery chains for drop off locations @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>