The Treasurer is supported in the duties by the Internal Controls Ad-Hoc Committee which includes the Treasurer, the Director of Finance, City Council Members, and appointed members of the public. The Committees meet periodically throughout the calendar year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review quarterly & monthly investment reports;
- Participate in investment strategy discussions with representatives of the City's contracted investment management firm;
- Participate in the development of the Annual Statement of Investment Policy;
- Provide status reports, as needed, to the City Council meetings.
Additionally, the City Treasurer shall:
- Protect, preserve and maintain intact cash, investments and other assets placed in trust with the Treasurer on behalf of the residents of the community;
- Be dedicated to the highest ideals of honor, integrity, and objectivity in all public and professional relationships, and function within existing legal guidelines;
- Promote principles of good government and be dedicated to the concepts of effective and efficient government service;
- Seek no personal advantage or gain as a result of the position, or due to the commission of a questionable act;
- Maintain personal conduct in such a manner as will enhance the stature of the position and reflect positively upon the City of Beaumont.